Labour Agreements are formal arrangements to recruit a number of overseas skilled workers. Both temporary and permanent visas can be granted under the agreement. Agreements are generally effective for 2 to 3 years.
Who is this program for?
Employers seeking employees who are on the list of approved occupations:
- an industry association has negotiated a wide agreement for the supply of needed skills in the Temporary Business (Long Stay) Subclass 457 visa and permanent entry Labour Agreement visa (Subclass 120 and 855) programs.
- occupations are not on the list of approved occupations for the Temporary Business (Long Stay) Subclass 457 visa, permanent Employer Nomination Scheme (ENS) or Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme yet a genuine skills shortage exists or occupations are not covered under the Australian Standard Classification of Occupations (ASCO)
How much does this VISA cost?
ANN will meet the cost of this visa should you agree to a contract – you will have to meet the cost of any additional family members.
With this visa those people you employ from overseas, and any dependent family members included in their visa application, can live as permanent residents in Australia.
Australian permanent residents can:
- live and work in Australia on a permanent basis
- study in Australia at school or university
- receive subsidised healthcare through Medicare and the Pharmaceutical Benefits Scheme (PBS)
- access certain social security payments (subject to waiting periods)
- be eligible for Australian citizenship (subject to the residency eligibility criteria)
- sponsor people for permanent residence.